Morley Arms4 Billacombe Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
The pub is situated to the east of the city, at the eastern end of Laira Bridge. One guest ales complement the two regular beers. The pub was constructed in 1824 to house the workers who built the original Laira Bridge. This nearly bankrupted the Morley family, after whom the pub was named after the bridge was completed. Most of the rooms have been opened out, but retain the wall beams giving a cosy feel to a visually open area. There is a conservatory and a large garden, and a good-sized car park. Home-cooked food is served, which has an excellent local reputation. Live acoustic music features once a month, check with pub for dates. An open fire keeps you warm in winter. Water bowls for dogs are also available. The pub closed at the end of March 2017, with the landlord at the time retiring. Solicitors bought the building, planning to turn it into offices, but fell in love with the pub and it is now reopened after a refurbishment September 2018.