Hello fellow real ale fans - welcome to the Plymouth CAMRA website!
Pubs, breweries and taprooms are fighting for their very survival against the Coronavirus Covid-19. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their business weather the crisis. Whether this is by launching hot food deliveries and take-away beer options to encouraging locals to buy ‘gift cards’ for the summer or crowdfunding, there are plenty of ways that you can help support your favourite local business, whilst adhering to the Government advice on social distancing measures.
For a list of pubs which were offering takeaway and/or delvery services, please see Pubs Offering Takeaway or Delivery Services - from 31st December 2020
For a list of pubs which served substantial meals prior to 20th March 2020, please click on this link Pubs Serving Substantial Meals - 2nd to 30th December 2020
For a list of pubs which reopened after Lockdown between March and July 2020, following the relaxation of Lockdown measures from 4 July 2020, please see Pubs Which Reopened Following Lockdown, March - July 2020.
For more detailed information, please follow this link WHAT PUB. In the Search Box, type the place name, such as Plymouth or Tavistock, AND tick the ONLY SHOW VENUES WITH INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENTS check box.
Some local initiatives in the Plymouth and West Devon area during Lockdown included
- Dartmoor Brewery offer free (and contact-free) delivery to Princetown, Dousland, Tavistock and Yelverton areas (restrictions may apply). Shipping to other areas from £7.50/case, via online shop
- Horse & Groom, Bittaford, are offering food and drink takeaway services on Tuesdays to Sundays between 1600 and 2000, with meals from £7.00, draught/bottled beer from £3.00 and wine from £12.00. Ring your order on 01752 892358, menus available on Facebook/Instagram.
- Noss Beer Works have free local deliveries of bottled beers. Cases of beers, 5L minikegs and bag-in-box (10L and 20L) are also now available. Telephone 07977 479634 and ask for sales, or email ku.oc.skrowreebsson@tcatnoc
- Salcombe Brewery offer free deliveries within Devon for cases of 8 bottles beer, 12 bottles beer and cider, and 9-pint bag-in-box. A selection of other fresh produce can also be delivered, eg potatoes, pies and artisan Devon cheese
- Summerskills Brewery Cases of bottled beers (and mixed cases), 5L mini kegs, bag-in-box and polypins available. Also bottled and 20L bag-in-box Hunt's cider, and 20L bag-in-box Award Winning Countryman cider are available. Contact Norm via social media or email ku.oc.slliksremmus@mron. Collection and payment will be arranged for the Foxhound Inn
Nothing can replace the local pub, but at CAMRA we are striving to bring people together to combat loneliness and isolation imposed by these times. Why not join the online community? You can find us on Facebook at CAMRA ONLINE PUB COMMUNITY
Brew2You is a new App designed by CAMRA, in association with SIBA, Cask Marque and the British Institute of Innkeepers, to help breweries and pubs to promote and sell their products. It is especially useful if the brewery/pub does not have their own online store. It is available in the App Store and Google Play. Please visit the Brew 2 You web link for full details HERE
If you are interested in becoming a partner, Brew2You can be helpful in providing an online store for breweries and pubs, who can both join the scheme, by clicking this link JOIN
From Moor to Sea – we have it all in Plymouth CAMRA branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (click for more)
- Branch Contact Ian Danielsku.gro.armac.htuomylp@tcatnoc01822 616861
Please click here to contact members of the Plymouth Branch Committee