Hello fellow real ale fans - welcome to the Plymouth CAMRA website!
Pubs, breweries and taprooms are fighting for their very survival against the Coronavirus Covid-19. Many are finding different and innovative ways to help their business weather the crisis. Whether this is by launching hot food deliveries and take-away beer options to encouraging locals to buy ‘gift cards’ for the summer or crowdfunding, there are plenty of ways that you can help support your favourite local business, whilst adhering to the Government advice on social distancing measures.
Some local initiatives in the Plymouth and West Devon area include
- Dartmoor Brewery offer free (and contact-free) delivery to Princetown, Dousland, Tavistock and Yelverton areas (restrictions may apply). Shipping to other areas from £7.50/case, via online shop
- Horse & Groom, Bittaford, are offering food and drink takeaway services on Tuesdays to Sundays between 1600 and 2000, with meals from £7.00, draught/bottled beer from £3.00 and wine from £12.00. Ring your order on 01752 892358, menus available on Facebook/Instagram.
- Noss Beer Works have free local deliveries of bottled beers. Telephone 07977 479634 or email ku.oc.skrowreebsson@tcatnoc
- Salcombe Brewery offer free deliveries within Devon for cases of 8 bottles beer, 12 bottles beer and cider, and 9-pint bag-in-box. A selection of other fresh produce can also be delivered, eg potatoes, pies and artisan Devon cheese
- Summerskills Brewery Cases of bottled beers (and mixed cases), 5L mini kegs, bag-in-box and polypins available. Also bottled and 20L bag-in-box Hunt's cider, and 20L bag-in-box Award Winning Countryman cider are available. Contact Norm via social media or email ku.oc.slliksremmus@mron. Collection and payment will be arranged for the Foxhound Inn
Nothing can replace the local pub, but at CAMRA we are striving to bring people together to combat loneliness and isolation imposed by these times. Why not join the online community? You can find us on Facebook at CAMRA ONLINE PUB COMMUNITY
From Moor to Sea – we have it all in Plymouth CAMRA branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (click for more)
- JD Wetherspoon Spring Beer Festival 2020 Wednesday 25 March – Sunday 5 April 2020
- Clovelly Bay Ale & Pie Festival Friday 3 – Saturday 4 April 2020
- Branch Annual General Meeting 2020 Saturday 4 April 2020 12:00
- Walkhampton Inn Easter Real Ale & Cider Festival 2020 Thursday 9 – Monday 13 April 2020
- Branch Contact Ian Danielsku.gro.armac.htuomylp@tcatnoc01822 616861
Please click here to contact members of the Plymouth Branch Committee